BE A PROUD ORIENTALITE AND MAKE THE CAMPUS RAGGING FREE:
SAY NO TO RAGGING
Ragging is neither a means of familiarization, nor an introduction with freshers, but a form of Psychopathic behaviour. Ragging is a violation of Human Rights. Respect Humanitarian Values.Ragging is a heinous crime, heavily punishable under law. Ragging may spoil your career for ever.
Oriental Group of Institutions, Bhopal is a NO RAGGING ZONE with ZERO TOLERANCE towards any incident of ragging, by preventing its occurrence and having appropriate measures to curb any incident of ragging.
What is Ragging?
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student due to indiscipline activities by any student or group of students.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on fresher or any other student.
- Any act of physical abuse including all its variants like obscene and lewd acts, gestures, danger to health, sexual or homosexual abuse etc., on fresher or any other student.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, posts, public insults which would also include deriving preventive pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from activity or passively participating in causing discomfort to fresher or any other student.
- Act that affect mental health or self-confidence of fresher or any other student.
- Any other act as mentioned in Regulations of RGPV/AICTE/UGC and the regulations of Govt. of M.P.
Oriental Institute of Science and Technology, Bhopal shall abide by regulations and norms laid by RGPV/AICTE/UGC Regulatory Authorities and any other authority as applicable Government of M.P.
Punishment(s) in the event of ragging any one or more of the following punishment may be awarded.
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the University/Institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival etc.
- Suspension/Expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the University/Institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the University/Institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.